21 Common Mistakes Made by Freshman
Freshman mistakes are inevitable. You’re entering a new place, you’re excited about the newness of it all, and most of your parents are far removed from college so they wouldn’t know how to help you avoid some of those common mistakes made by freshman.
- Buying new, fully priced books
- Not studying enough
- “Why work hard? Experiences will come to me.
- Proudly wearing your lanyard and ID all over campus.
- Attending every meeting possible during orientation week.
- Enrolling in an 8 a.m. course on Mondays
- Evening courses on Fridays.
- Wearing your high school letterman jacket
- Assuming the “Que juice” isn’t that strong.
- Wearing heels every day to class
- Constantly locking yourself out of your dorm room
- Not taking advantage of your meal plan.
- Taking too much advantage of your meal plan.
- Telling someone what Greek organization you want to be apart of .
- Thinking you’ll be best friends with your roommate in the dorms.
- Getting sloppy at house parties.
- Overestimating how much you can fit in your dorm room.
- Spending all your financial aid money before classes even start.
- Forgetting to log out of the library computers
- Choosing to stay with your high school sweetheart that’s halfway across the country this school year.
- Forgetting to schedule a lunch break in between your classes
CampusLATELY Staff613 Posts
CampusLATELY features national content on Campus Life, Style, College News, Entertainment, Relationships, Health & Fitness, and Career Development, written entirely by top college journalists from 30+ college/universities nationwide.