6 New UNCF Scholarships You Need To Jump On Now
DELTA AIR LINES NEW YORK SCHOLARSHIPS 2017
The Delta Air Lines Foundation in partnership with UNCF has established a scholarship program for students who reside in or are permanent residents of the State of New York. The scholarship is open to freshmen through 5th year seniors.
Recipients will be awarded a one-time need-based scholarship of up to $5000 for the 2017-18 academic year.
To be eligible for this opportunity you must:
– Be currently enrolled as a full-time student at any U.S located, accredited 4-year college or university
– Be of any undergraduate classification from freshman through 5the year senior
– Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
– Reside in or be a permanent resident of the State of New York
– Have a demonstrated unmet, financial need
– Complete a student online application
- If you are a graduating high school senior entering your freshman year during the 2017-2018 academic school, please select freshman as your classification
– One to two-page essay describing your financial need for the scholarship and how it will impact the pursuit of your education
– Current transcript
– One (1) letter of recommendation from a faculty member or university/college administrator
VERTUS HARDIMAN ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP 2017
The Vertus Hardiman Endowed Scholarship is open to students at HBCUs enrolled during the 2017-2018 academic year. Students should be in the college graduation classes of 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
High School students are ineligible for consideration.
Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Current college freshman should use their final GPA from high school. The scholarship will provide an award up to $5,000 depending on the financial need of the student as verified by the attending University or College.
This is a one time award to be disbursed in November 2017
In order to have a completed application package, candidates must include:
* Completed Student Application
* Essay (prompt and instructions located within the appropriate section of the application)
* Transcript (unofficial accepted)
All application materials must be submitted by the deadline for full consideration.
DELL CORPORATE SCHOLARS PROGRAM 2018
you’ve defined your perspective. Now it’s time to fulfill your potential.
Find the career opportunity you deserve, one that caters to your worldwide ambitions and rewards your talent and insight.
The UNCF/Dell Corporate Scholars Program, a collaboration of Dell and UNCF will provide scholarships up to $2,500 (based on need) + internship opportunities for selected students based on the eligibility requirements for the 2018-2019 academic year.
The Dell Internship Program
All applicants for the UNCF/Dell Corporate Scholars Program may be considered internship opportunities at Dell. The internship is a paid 10-week 2018 summer internship based at Dell HQ in Round Rock, TX.
* Students must possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
* Students must be a minority student enrolled full time at the US located accredited four-year institution as a junior application and interview process.
* Students must major or have an academic focus in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Computer Science or Information Technology.
* Students must possess a demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by their institution/college (for scholarship award).
The Application Process
Step 1: Complete the Online Application + prepare the following documents for upload:
* A professional resume (be sure to include the institution, GPA, graduation date, and relevant coursework and course projects).
* A one-page statement of career goals and specifically address why they are considering the program and an internship with Dell.
* Provide an unofficial transcript with complete academic history through Spring 2017.
* Provide two (2) letters of recommendation from a faculty member or administrator.
Step 2: Shortlisted Candidates will be invited to submit a short online video submission.
Step 3: Finalists will be invited to participate in a telephone interview with hiring managers.
UNCF HBCU INNOVATION SUMMIT APPLICATION 2017
A. You must submit a resume in one of the following formats in order to be selected to attend the 2017 Summit
DISCOVER FINANCIAL SERVICES SCHOLARSHIP 2017
Discover Financial Services Program provides scholarship and internship opportunities to students who meet the eligibility criteria below:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Major in Computer Engineering, Computer Information System, Computer Science, Computer Science/MIS, Engineering Technology, Information Management System, Information Technology, Software Engineering, System Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Analytics Risk Management, Supply Chain Logistics, Economics or Other STEM related majors.
- Be a first semester sophomore beginning Fall 2017.
- Enroll full-time at any UNCF member institution or other accredited HBCUs.
- Be a US citizen.
In addition, applicants are required to submit:
1. Essay describing about their personal statement of career interest,
2. One letter of recommendation from faculty member who is familiar with the applicant’s academic abilities,
3. Most recent official transcript.
Selected finalists will receive $7,500 scholarship. The selected finalists are required to accept internship positions located in Riverwoods, IL. The scholarship and internship are renewable for two additional years upon successful completion of the internship as determined by a positive letter of recommendation from their internship provider and/or their Discover company mentor.
Discover Financial Services Program provides exciting paid-internship opportunities. Accommodation expenses are paid by Discover Financial Services. However, students are required to pay for their own transportation.
UNCF GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION 2017
Applying for a scholarship using the UNCF General Application is restricted to students who are enrolled full time at one of the 37 UNCF Member Institutionsduring the 2017-18 academic year.
The UNCF General Application is primarily used as a matching tool to identify potentially eligible students for scholarship opportunities that do not require submitting an online application.
Completion of the UNCF General Application does not guarantee an applicant will receive a scholarship award.
Students are encouraged to continue to visit the UNCF Scholarship homepage throughout the academic year and apply to ALL scholarship programs whose criteria match their academic profile. Updating your profile each semester may enhance the possibility of a match.
Students are matched to the UNCF General Applicationbased on the following minimum criteria:
1. Be enrolled full-time at a UNCF Member College or University;
2. Complete the Free Application for Student Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) athttps://fafsa.ed.gov;
3. Have a demonstrated financial need as verified by the financial aid office;
4. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale;
5. Complete the online application.
CampusLATELY Staff586 Posts
CampusLATELY features national content on Campus Life, Style, College News, Entertainment, Relationships, Health & Fitness, and Career Development, written entirely by top college journalists from 30+ college/universities nationwide.