Our Favorite Moments Between Michelle Obama & Tracee Ellis At The United State of Women Summit
1. America voted for the unqualified Man over the qualified Woman, Why? (compared to what, no shade lol)
2. We loved her discussing her relationship with her daughters and totally agree “We are all dumb at 14”
3. We are too grateful to be at the table to really shake it up?
4. It’s important to remember this is not terrifying for everyone we are not all living the same experience.
5. She discussed her running for President and “Yes We Can”
Watch Full Article Here
“When I hear people say, ‘You run!’ It’s part of the problem!” former First Lady Michelle Obama told Golden Globe-winning actress Tracee Ellis Ross at the United State of Women Summit, about people calling for her to run for president. “We still didn’t get ‘Yes We Can’ right. It’s not ‘Yes You Can’ it’s ‘Yes We Can.’ Until we get that right, it doesn’t matter who runs. I don’t think I’m any different from Hillary [Clinton].”
“Change starts close to home. So looking for the next person to run, and I don’t mean to cut that off, but that’s been our distraction. We’re just going to wait for the next person to save us,” Obama continued later in the conversation, which took place in front of a crowd of roughly 6,000 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. “We thought it was Barack Obama, and then he didn’t end racism.”
CampusLATELY Staff618 Posts
CampusLATELY features national content on Campus Life, Style, College News, Entertainment, Relationships, Health & Fitness, and Career Development, written entirely by top college journalists from 30+ college/universities nationwide.