- Education: Professors, Researchers, Education Professionals and S.T.E.A.M. Professionals
- Business: Senior Management, Presidents, Vice Presidents, and Entrepreneurs
- Public Policy: Legislative Leadership of Private and Public Sector Policymakers, Government Officials, Council and Board Members, Jurisdictional Leaders
- Media/Communications: Print and Media Professionals and Journalists in Radio, Television, Social Media, Print Publications
- Community Involvement: Community programming for citizens and/or youth, and volunteerism
- Young Alumni: A recent graduate for notable career achievements and/or community service.
Nominees should be individuals whose efforts, work and records of service have had an impact on the infrastructure of community national, state and/or local levels. All nominees must meet the criteria listed below.
- Have attended one of the nation’s Historically Black Colleges and Universities for at least two semesters. Note: Nominees in the Young Alumni category must have received their undergraduate degree within five years of his/her award;
- Be an active and involved member of a local alumni chapter or has contributed towards the growth and development of the institution;
- Have obtained high levels of achievement in his/her profession;
- Have demonstrated good character and outstanding citizenship on a local, state or national level; and
- Be a resident of the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area.
Nomination process is available online athttps://form.jotformpro.com/70655264402957 and should be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST Saturday, May 13, 2017. The winners will be announced in June, 2017.
The Alumni Alliance was formed in 2012 to support the mission of HBCU’s by increasing the membership of participating alumni chapters; collaborating on philanthropic efforts; and promoting a higher awareness of HBCU opportunities among underprivileged, minority high school students. The nonprofit started out with just four charter members, and it has now grown to comprise more than 47 local alumni HBCU chapters. For additional information, please contact Sam Washington firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets to the soiree are available online at www.dchbcu.org.