HBCU Internship Program – Greening Youth Foundation – Atlanta, GA
This is a really good one for any one in Atlanta, GA
$20 an hour
– Full-time, Contract, Internship
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Area Manager is a key member of the HBCUI management team, as well as a partner to the National Park Service team in supporting students during their 10-week HBCUI internship experience. The Area Manager will liaise with interns during their internship experience and will work closely with all NPS staff to ensure interns are supported and coached towards success during and after the program. S/he will be accountable for managing a portfolio of interns during their internship, including weekly contact, managing intern support, coordinating materials and training, as well as the administrative aspects of internship management. Over the course of the summer, the Area Manager will collaborate with other partners to plan and prepare for the annual Leadership and Careers Workshop to take place August 2-4, 2017.
The Area Manager will build relationships with various partners to sustain program quality that supports the growth and scale of the HBCUI program.
The Area Manager is a proactive communicator who can appropriately engage with varied constituents (internal team, external partners, and interns) and provide leadership during the summer portion of the program.
The Area Manager will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive internship experience.
- Compile program position descriptions as assigned and populate on JOBDIVA and SERVE job portal
- Develop and cultivate relationships with careers services staff at target schools
- Establish relationships with key college faculty, administrators, and student organizations
- Increase HBCUI program presence by attending career fairs and coordinating on-campus recruitment activities at target schools
- Collect and maintain candidate resumes and contact details for student recruitment database
- Manage full lifecycle recruitment process from the beginning of the candidate experience to the completion
Internship Experience Management
- Organize and manage internship on-boarding activities including applications, pre-screening, federal background checks, as well as coordinating “meet and greet” meetings with NPS supervisors
- Facilitate HBCUI Orientation, including developing content, reviewing the internship manual, and covering logistics with interns prior to program start date
- Ensure intern success by providing day-to-day support of interns in your region, including but not limited to: tracking intern absences and performance issues and working closely with Senior Program Manager to provide uniform communications program-wide
- Serve as the first point of contact for intern questions and challenges, as well as feedback for/from interns on the HBCUI experience
- Provide consistent feedback and coaching to students around internship performance via phone, email, and site visits
- Communicate consistently with Senior Program Manager via conference calls and weekly reports
- Support Senior Program Manager in coordination of Leadership and Careers Workshop for your region, including coordinating with presenters, organizing schedules and accommodations, etc.
- Manage and review timesheets for on-time submission and accuracy; manage the distribution of bi- weekly intern stipend checks
- Collect regular feedback from NPS supervisors, including mid- and post-program performance evaluations, and report results to Senior Program Manager
- Collect Digital Media Journal entries completed by interns throughout the course of the program
- Collect data for intern tracking and follow-up purposes
- Work closely with HBCUI interns to support their professional development via coaching and webinars to ensure that they have the tools needed to obtain federal employment and/or further education and training
- Counsel interns in setting short and long term career goals, federal resume writing, job search, et
- Connect interns to employment opportunities and career resources
- Lead and oversee Leadership and Careers Workshop, working with Senior Program Manager on content and seminar development
- Work collaboratively with NPS supervisors to ensure support for interns
- Refer interns to additional career resources as needed
SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION:
- Schedule: February 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017
- 20 hours/week (will sometimes vary based on work load)
- Compensation: 7-month contract distributed at $20 per hour and paid every 2 weeks.
For the qualified candidate this will become a Full-time position on September 1, 2017
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Career Development: 3 years
- Administrative Skills: 3 yearsVisit Site
- Project Management: 2 years
La'Shawn Chambers312 Posts
Part Owner of CampusLATELY/ blogger contributor. A graduate of Prairie View A&M University and proud member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.