#ScholarshipAlert: Apple & TMCF $25,000 HBCU Scholarship Program
The Apple HBCU Scholarship Program is offered to eligible college students who are in their final year of college at a HBCU institution. Eligible students include those who are majoring in Computer Science, Information Science/Technology, Mathematics, and/or Engineering.
- Selected Scholars will participate in a 12-week internship during the summer before their senior year
- Each scholar will have an Apple mentor throughout their experience, receive an opportunity to develop key skills, enhance their resumes and help launch their careers through the hands-on experience gained at one of the top tech companies in the world.
- Each scholar will serve as Ambassadors on their HBCU or PBI (Predominately Black Institution) campuses to build awareness for the Apple and TMCF HBCU
What Are They Looking For?
- Enrolled full-time at a four-year accredited HBCU or PBI (Predominately Black Institution)
- Currently in the second-to-last year of study, graduating in Fall 2017 or Spring of 2018. (e.g., juniors or seniors pursuing a fifth year of study.)
- Prior internship experience is preferred
This highly competitive program targets STEM students, but opportunities exist for students of all disciplines. The selection process aims to assess critical soft skills that enable success in our program, coupled with technical ability. We’re looking for individuals that exhibit both a technical and cultural fit:
- Analytical ability
- Ability to articulate ideas
- Ability to learn new concepts
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly motivated
- Persuasive and candid
- Focused on results
- Team player
- Possesses sound judgment and critical thinking skills
How To Apply
Create a TMCF account and complete the application for the Apple HBCU Scholars program.
La'Shawn Chambers311 Posts
Part Owner of CampusLATELY/ blogger contributor. A graduate of Prairie View A&M University and proud member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.