Meet The Three Men Behind Revolutionary App #XPRESS, Connecting HBCU Students Both Past & Present
- Brandon N. Crawford: UX Developer // Chief Operating Officer of XPRESS // B.B.A. Computer Information Systems from Howard University (Aug. 2012 – May 2016)
- Malcolm S. Hentz: Android Developer // Chief Executive Officer of XPRESS
- Myles D. Hentz: iOS Developer // Chief Technology Officer of XPRESS
About #XPRESS Founders
- Malcolm S. Hentz, Myles D. Hentz, and Brandon N. Crawford are African-American mobile app creators from Memphis, TN. The trio attended the same high school and grew closer following the death of the Hentz twins’ older brother due to gang violence.
- Following high school graduation, Brandon moved to Washington, D.C. to attend Howard University and the Hentz twins moved to Boston, MA to attend Emmanuel College. After two years of adjusting to college and searching for life’s meaning, the three returned to Memphis, TN in May 2014 to embark on an unimaginable journey.
- The shooting of innocent Black teen, Trayvon Martin, was the top news then. This was the catalyst for Brandon and the Hentz twins to figure out how to secure a better future despite racism and socio-economic disadvantages. As the three pondered world-changing solutions, while playing video games, Malcolm Hentz asked: “Why do we have so many social networks and followers, but don’t actually talk to anyone?” That’s when the idea of video chatting with random people from your college or other social networks was born!
- After almost three years of trial & error, the team did all software design and development for the February 2017 launch of XPRESS! The company’s vision is to provide a platform that promotes the most impactful conversations among humanity.
Download free app for iOS and Android!
Co-founder IG + Twitter: @xclusivebrand
XPRESS IG + Twitter: @xpressmobtech
YouTube: @XPRESS Video Chat
CampusLATELY Staff590 Posts
CampusLATELY features national content on Campus Life, Style, College News, Entertainment, Relationships, Health & Fitness, and Career Development, written entirely by top college journalists from 30+ college/universities nationwide.