Scholarship Alert: 5 UNCF Scholarships That You Need To Apply To Today!
DEBORAH L. VINCENT/FAHRO EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP 2017
The Deborah L. Vincent/FAHRO Education Scholarship is developed to assist residents of federally assisted housing or a recipient of assistance through the Community Development Block Grant program in Florida.
Recipients must be a high school senior and expected to graduate no later than August 2017 or currently enrolled in the postsecondary institution.
All applicants must meet income requirements as defined by HUD for public/ assisted housing and Community Development Block Grant targeted area recipients.
Applicants must have a sponsor that is an active member of FAHRO as a housing authority/ agency or community development agency that is willing to support recipient’s travel expenses to attend Annual Convention Awards Banquet to receive a scholarship if selected.
Students must have the following items submitted in order to be considered for this scholarship opportunity.
1. Completed Student application including a transcript
2. Two Recommendation Forms – Of the two recommendations required, one should be from a school official, or community member (employers, ministers, or anyone with significant knowledge of the applicant), and the other should be from a FAHRO executive director of the housing authority/agency or community development program.
Please email Pia Holland for questions.
Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway
The Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway Corporation and the UNCF is pleased to announce the BNSF Railway Foundation Scholarship Program for high-achieving students from Tarrant County, Texas.
Applicants for this program must meet the following criteria:
* Possess a minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 Scale
* Have a demonstrated unmet, financial need as verified by their college or university
* reside or be a permanent resident of Tarrant County, Texas
* be full-time, enrolled degree-seeking candidate at a UNCF member insitution OR at any other fully accredited US located college or university during the 2017-2018 academic year.
For questions, please contact Lottie Evans.
UNCF HONDA SCHOLARSHIP 2017
The UNCF Honda Manufacturing of Indiana Scholarship Program is a scholarship for high school students.
Eligible students must:
-Be permanent residents of the State of Indiana.
-Posses a minimum cumulative GPA of a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
-Be current high school senior/entering college freshman, must be enrolled in a Student Development and/or Student Leadership program or current college freshmen/rising sophomore in college ANDenrolled FULL TIME at a U.S. located, accredited post-secondary educational institution.
-Please provide us with your Current Enrollment and Academic Classification in Spring 2017 term.
-File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a demonstrated unmet need as determined by the Financial Aid office of your college or university.
-Provide a letter of recommendation.
-Provide a current transcript.
-Submit a one-page essay on the topic “How the UNCF Honda Scholarship will help you achieve your educational goals”
-Priority will be given to students who are majoring in one of the field(s) related to Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM).
For inquiries, students may contact Ms. JaiSun McCormick via email at email@example.com
DAVIS SCHOLARSHIP FOR WOMEN IN STEM 2017
Willma H Davis has partnered with UNCF to establish a scholarship to encourage minority female students to pursue a future career in the STEM fields. Candidates must be classified as sophomore, junior, or senior in the Fall of 2017 and attend a UNCF member institution. Preference will be given to students from Massachusetts, although all eligible students are encouraged to apply.
Completed applications include (all prompts and instructions found within body of application):
* most recent transcript (unofficial accepted)
* essay of at least 400 words
* unmet financial need (verified with school upon final selection)
* reference form
Eligibility criteria includeA :
* 3.0 GPA or higher;
* majoring in a STEM Field (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics);
* hold a classification of college sophomore, college junior, or college senior in Fall 2017; one timeand
* full time enrollment at a UNCF member school.
Preference will be given to students from Massachusetts, but program is open to all US resione-time
award up to $5,000 will be awarded for the 2017-18 academic year in August.
please note: your classification during the application process is for the academic year 2016-17 and it must be a college freshman, sophomore or junior. No high school seniors (class of 2017) are eligible.
Please email your all questions to Kenya Gray.
UNCF/NISSAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2017
The UNCF/Nissan Scholarship provides a scholarship opportunity for college freshman enrolled at any Historically Black College or University (HBCU) commencing Fall 2017. The scholarship program provides a total award of $10,000 over 4 years ($2,500 /academic year). To be eligible students must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants must be high school seniors who are plan to be enrolled at a Historically Black College OR University (HBCU) in the Fall of 2017.
2. Applicants must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.00 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
3. Applicants must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
4. Applicants must pursue a degree in engineering, business, marketing, information technology and/or finance
Selected candidates may be invited by Nissan Corporation to participate in enrichment programs or internship opportunities.
Please contact Yvonne Nash if you have any questions.
CampusLATELY Staff509 Posts
CampusLATELY features national content on Campus Life, Style, College News, Entertainment, Relationships, Health & Fitness, and Career Development, written entirely by top college journalists from 30+ college/universities nationwide.