Yahoo Summer Internship 2017
Yahoo is focused on making the world’s daily habits inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. Yahoo is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has offices located throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company’s blog (yahoo.tumblr.com).
A Little About Us
Our engineering teams are focused on delivering the best products across Search, Mail, Mobile, Homepage, Sports, Daily Fantasy and Finance just to name a few, and we have fun while we do it. Our team structure encourages trust, learning from one another, having fun, and attracting people who are passionate about what they do.
A Lot About You
We are looking for great talent – front-end and back-end Software Developers, UX Designers, and Product Engineers that can contribute to the development of our exciting next-generation products. If you are excited about the overall lifecycle of a product – building, coding, testing, launching and learning, this is the place to be, because you will learn and gain hands-on experience while engaged in projects with significant impact on the success of Yahoo businesses. You are a great problem solver, the capability to work independently as well as with a team, and the willingness to learn from our leadership.
- Design, develop, code and test software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products; revise and refine as required
- Participate in agile development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems
- Recommend modifications to processes and procedures, and contribute to best practices, architecture, and implementations
- Promote and solicit ideas within project teams
You Must Have
- Actively pursuing a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related major, and strong record of academic achievement
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and UNIX/Linux environments
- Experience in one or many of the following is a plus:
– Back-end experience (Grid, Hadoop, etc.)
– Familiarity with Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, LAMP
– Experience building or maintaining databases (Oracle, mySQL, Hive, etc.)
– Cross-browser, cross-platform coding
– Large-scale, large-user base website development experience
– Data mining, machine learning, AI, statistics, information retrieval, linguistic analysis
– Strong mathematical background
– Internship experience at a tech company
CampusLATELY Staff534 Posts
CampusLATELY features national content on Campus Life, Style, College News, Entertainment, Relationships, Health & Fitness, and Career Development, written entirely by top college journalists from 30+ college/universities nationwide.