If You’re A True Insecure Fan And Not Watching Issa Rae and Jussie Smollett’s YouTube Series Giants, You Are Missing Out!
13 Real Life Topics Facing African-American millennial’s Packed In One Episode
1. Addressing the conversation of growth and self-evaluation VS. moving so fast and parting so hard you don’t take the time to stop and reflect.
2. Empowering yourself – African-American men and women with mental illness seeking professional support and assistance.
3. The second we think we have it figured out we “Fuck Up” and have to face the consequences of our actions.
4. The conversation of failure and purpose. Even more specifically I know several people who have written books, or created a product with the plan to take it back to their HBCUs, only to get little to no support.
5. When you not about that 9 to 5 life. This part of the story is so relate-able to so many young African-American dreamers and entrepreneurs. So many of us take score to early in our careers and give up way too soon.
6. I don’t know, is a lie we tell ourselves so we don’t have to face the truth! When you can no longer run from your passion and destiny.
7. The conversation of Gay African-American Men walking in their own truth and loving themselves regardless what the world has to say.
8. Introducing the idea that we millennial’s may have it wrong, yes 9 to 5 is not for us but is it a necessary evil. To live your dream you have to fight for it, wrestle with it. The concept that you can’t live your dream exclusively is one that affects many of us daily.
9. This episode also discussed one’s personal relationship with God. Who we decide we are and who this world and experiences can begin to change us into. Perhaps even begin to shape who we were destined to be.
10. This scene had me clapping my hands saying preach. I’ve personally been there its starts with self-doubt then you begin to doubt what God gave you all because the world is not responding the way we thought they would. Are you running from or wrestling with your purpose?
11. Having to hear the truth “it’s ok if you are a little lost right now” “He is going to use you one way or another”
12. Everyday we have the freedom to make choices that will either add to our purpose or take away from it. This scene also shows the casual use of drugs and mind altering chemicals in our community.
13. Our last real life topic addressed in this week’s episode of Giants was our tendency to protect ourselves from real love by chasing someone we know will never love us back or give us what we need.
If you love Insecure I promise you will fall in love Giants The Series and their super relate-able story line.
Watch The Full Episode Here
Episode Playlist: “Peekaboo” by Teamarrr.
Written by Teamarrr & Kareem James.
La'Shawn Chambers312 Posts
Part Owner of CampusLATELY/ blogger contributor. A graduate of Prairie View A&M University and proud member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.