Internship Alert: 34 Positions Open As A Student Trainee In Virginia
About the Position:
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program. Click here for more information on Pathways program participation.
This is a Student Trainee (Information Technology) position that is year-round. During the school year part-time hours will apply; however, during school breaks and the summer period, full-time hours may apply. The work schedule may be adjusted to meet the needs of the student’s schedule. This appointment is not-to-exceed 1 year and may be extended for no more than 1 additional year (24 months of total service). This position is located on Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
This position may be filled at the GS-01 level (Salary Range: $23,547 to $29,450), GS-02 level (Salary Range: $26,474 to $33,317), GS-03 level (Salary Range: $28,886 to $37,557), or GS-04 level (Salary Range: $32,428 to $42,151).
The nature of this appointment does not guarantee conversion to a career/career-conditional appointment as it is only intended to fill a temporary need of the organization.
This position is temporary and there is NO promotion potential beyond the grade that you are selected for during the entire time period you are employed under this announcement.
This is a Career Program (CP) – 34 positions.
Who May Apply:
Students who are eligible for participation in the Department of the Army Internship Program
Positions are open to current students pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution.
Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Internship for current students in good standing at an accredited education
Click here for more information.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship at the time of your conversion to permanent employment.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
To be eligible for the Pathways Internship Program, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
Current enrollment or acceptance for enrollment in a qualifying educational institution seeking a degree, diploma or certificate on a full or half-time basis, as defined by the educational institution. (NOTE: You must provide a copy of your letter of acceptance or transcript/school documentation for verification.) Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify for a Pathways Internship at the GS-01, students must be enrolled in a High School diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) program.
To qualify for a Pathways Internship at the GS-02 high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) Program.
To qualify for a Pathways Internship at the GS-03, students must have completed one full academic year of post-high school study. One full academic year is the number of credit hours determined by the college, university, or school to represent one year of full-time study.
To qualify for a Pathways Internship at the GS-04, students must have completed two full academic years of post-high school study, or have an associate’s degree. Two full academic years is the number of credit hours determined by the college, university, or school to represent two years of full-time study.
Your transcripts are a required part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document. In order to qualify, you must meet all of the educational requirements below.
- Be a current student in an accredited college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community college, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, or trade school; advanced degree program; other qualifying educational institution pursing a qualifying degree or certificate.
- A copy of your letter of acceptance, proof of enrollment or unofficial transcripts must be provided at the time of application to support your education claims. If selected, OFFICIAL transcripts/proof of enrollment must be submitted prior to establishing a start date.
- An academic year of undergraduate education is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent in an accredited college or university.
- Applicants graduating in Fall 2017 MUST submit proof of continuing education in order to be considered for this internship.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at – http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities) in the following areas
- Computer Scientists concepts
- Automated Systems
This is a student internship opportunity. Your transcripts are a required part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Eligibility requirements for conversion to a permanent position. Interns must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Complete at least 640 hours of work experience acquired through the Internship Program;
- Complete their degree or certificate requirements
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management’s qualification standard, including any applicable positive education requirement and/or selective placement factors and any other designated special qualifications requirements and conditions of employment (e.g. medical standards) appropriate for the specific competitive service position to which the Intern will be converted;
- Successfully complete all the requirements of the Internship Program as defined in the agency-participant agreement; and,
- Perform their job successfully as documented through performance evaluations and/or completion of an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. If you apply more than once or if you update your original application, only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
CampusLATELY Staff623 Posts
CampusLATELY features national content on Campus Life, Style, College News, Entertainment, Relationships, Health & Fitness, and Career Development, written entirely by top college journalists from 30+ college/universities nationwide.