We are currently aware of four hostages of Hungarian nationality or origin, including two children, in Gaza, and the government has done everything in its power to secure them, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Peter Szijjarto announced on Friday in Tbilisi.
According to MTI news, the minister reported this before his visit to Yerevan
There are now 225 hostages being held in Gaza on the registry, including thirty children.
Peter Szijjártó said that the government had recently received three inquiries stating that there were people of Hungarian origin and Hungarian citizenship among the hostages.
On Tuesday, we received information about two people with Hungarian citizenship, on Wednesday about a person with Hungarian citizenship, and yesterday about another person of Hungarian origin. Therefore, we are aware of four hostages with Hungarian involvement, two of them children, and we were informed about these hostages on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, partly by the Israeli authorities and partly by the families themselves.
– Said Szijjarto, then mentioned that there are ongoing contacts with the Israeli task force that was formed to free the hostages and several other offices, as well as with the families involved.
The minister stressed that everything in their power will be done to secure the Hungarian hostages as quickly as possible.
However, since hostage-taking is, unfortunately, a matter of vital importance, and there are very important security aspects, I ask you to understand that I cannot provide more information than this at the present time. We will not give any further information until we have confirmed information about the hostages, or until we can move them to safety.
– The minister said, then added: “We have taken all the steps we could have taken so far in order to release them.”